Please have a read of the lastest successful Estyn Inspection Report (April 2014).
Here is a quick summary of the key findings;
'The school’s prospects for improvement are excellent because the headteacher provides outstanding leadership. She has a clear vision for the school that strongly promotes the wellbeing and achievement of all pupils'
Llanishen Fach Primary School is a good school because:
- from a young age, most pupils develop good standards in literacy and numeracy;
- standards in reading and writing have improved considerably over time;
- pupils of all abilities make good progress in learning and using Welsh as a second language;
- behaviour is good;
- there is a rich and varied programme of learning activities;
- the good standard of teaching across the school ensures that pupils are motivated and actively engaged in their learning;
- there are rigorous processes for regularly assessing and tracking pupils’ progress;
- the positive emphasis on inclusion is apparent in the attitudes of staff and pupils and across the school’s activities;
- the caring ethos encourages pupils to develop tolerance, respect and understanding of each other; and
- the school provides a safe and stimulating environment for learning.
The school’s prospects for improvement are excellent because:
- the headteacher provides outstanding leadership. She has a clear vision for the school that strongly promotes the wellbeing and achievement of all pupils;
- governors have a good awareness of the school’s priorities. They understand the school’s performance data and are able to hold the school to account on matters of standards;
- the use of performance data to inform the judgements in self-evaluation processes and to identify specific targets to raise standards achieved by pupils is outstanding;
- the school improvement plan sets out the school’s priorities very effectively and acts as a high quality tool for raising standards; and
- over the last four years, the school has made significant progress in addressing its identified priorities.